Rejuvenate Psychologists have years of experience performing Bariatric Surgery Evaluations
Bariatric Surgery (Gastric bypass, Gastric Sleeve, Duodenal Switch): The decision to have bariatric surgery is life-changing for those who have spent years struggling with their weight. Making this decision can bring excitement for answers to the weight loss dilemma, as well as the opportunity for an improvement in quality of life.
Ensuring you are prepared to undergo this surgery is an important step along the journey. The licensed clinical psychologists who conduct these evaluations at Rejuvenate have performed thousands over the years and worked with several Bariatric Centers that have met all criteria set by MBSAQIP (Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program).
What to Expect
- The evaluation performed by Rejuvenate’s psychologists can be done in person if you are local to the Kansas City area. For those outside the area – or who choose – they can be done 100% online.
- You will fill out basic new patient paperwork forms
- You will have one meeting that will last between a 30-45 minutes with your provider via Telehealth.
- During this meeting we will be discussing your health, lifestyle, eating habits, psychological history, relationships, knowledge of the surgery, and stressors.
- This is not a pass/fail evaluation. We are looking to provide you and your surgery team with as much information as possible to prevent pitfalls and complications. Our goal is to keep you SAFE! In order to do that you must be very honest with your psychologist so that we can make good recommendations and set you on the path for success.
- You will also be required to take several T/F tests – done in person, or, online – as a way for us to have quantifiable data about your mental health.
- We will put the information you provide, along with the results from the testing, into a comprehensive report for your surgical team and for you. This report will include several recommendations on what needs to happen in order to ensure your success and help you form a plan before or after surgery to meet those recommendations. Your report will be sent directly to your surgeon.
- Ultimately, your surgeon and surgical team will make the decisions as to whether or not you will proceed with the surgery, not the psychologist.
Psychological Evaluations for bariatric surgery are available online for anyone who resides in the following states or territories:
Alabama • Arizona • Arkansas • Colorado • Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands • Connecticut • Delaware • District of Columbia • Florida • Georgia • Idaho • Illinois • Indiana • Kansas • Kentucky • Maine • Maryland • Michigan • Minnesota • Missouri • Nebraska • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • North Carolina • North Dakota • Ohio • Oklahoma • Pennsylvania • Rhode Island • South Carolina • Tennessee • Texas • Utah • Virginia • Washington • West Virginia • Wisconsin • Wyoming