Chiropractors treat a variety of issues for patients
Chiropractic is used to treat a variety of pain issues for patients in Lee’s Summit, MO, without the use of medication or invasive surgery. One way the chiropractic team at Rejuvenate Mind-Body Wellness Center give patients long term pain relief is through the use of a treatment option called decompression. Learn how it works and what it can treat.
- What is decompression?
- Decompression is a type of chiropractic treatment that relives a variety of pains for patients. This treatment uses a motorized table that is programmed specifically for you.
- What types of pain can it treat?
- Patients seek chiropractic care for a variety of pains, and decompression can be used to relieve many of them. This treatment can be used to alleviate back and neck pain, migraines, bulging or herniated discs, and more.
- How does decompression treatment work?
- Decompression is a relatively simple chiropractic treatment that can be done in the office. When you go in for treatment, you’ll lay flat on a table. This table is motorized and used to slowly stretch the spine and relieve pain. Your doctor will program it specifically for you to relieve your particular pains.
This stretching will help relieve pinched nerves as well as bulging or herniated discs. Decompression also promotes tissue restoration which provides long term pain relief.
- How long will treatment take?
- When you come in to see your chiropractic team, you may be worried how long it will take to complete your treatment. Decompression is a relatively quick treatment and is done in about fifteen to twenty minutes. However, multiple sessions will need to be done.
- How often will I need to have this done before I see results?
- Each patient is different, so the number of treatments you’ll need to see results varies based on your circumstance. Most people will have between six and 24 sessions.
- Is this the only chiropractic treatment available?
- No. At Rejuvenate Mind-Body Wellness Center, our chiropractic has many different treatment options available to them. Spinal manipulations and adjustments, stretching, massage, heat, ice, and more can all be used to treat chiropractic issues.
Lee’s Summit, MO residents who suffer from chronic pain can find long term relief with chiropractic at Rejuvenate Mind-Body Wellness Center. We offer a variety of chiropractic treatment options, including decompression, and will work to determine the best treatment for you. Plus, we’ll teach you exercises and stretches you can do on your own to prevent your pain from returning. Contact our office today to learn more, and to see if chiropractic care is a good option for you. We look forward to hearing from you.